1922+ Louis Léon Prieur
bisque head Mon Cheri doll 16" tall, with glass
stationary eyes, painted upper and lower eyelashes,
painted multi stroke eyebrows, open mouth with upper teeth, pierced ears, on a
jointed composition body, doll marked Mon Cheri LP Paris 03, as shown, right.
The House of Prieur was managed by generations of the Prieur family and claimed
they were the oldest house of this type in Paris, France. Mme. Louise
Amandine Prieur began making doll clothes as early as 1840, by 1861 Mme. Prieur filed for
bankruptcy, however, she paid off all her creditors by 1865 which
included Claude Blampoix Sr., Carl Heinze of
Hildburghausen, Thüringia, and Morhardt of Nürnberg, they also bought heads from
Claude Bastide Louis Prieur & his sister Louise Prieur in 1868 formed a doll
accessory company called L. Prieur et Fils, doll shoes marked C.P are from this
Prieur made bebes, doll heads of all kinds, human, mohair or Thibet wigs, doll
clothing; hats, lingerie, parures, doll shoes, umbrellas and other
accessories and doll furnishings.
In 1915 L. Prieur registered doll trade marks
Mon Petit Rimailho, Mon Petit Trésor.
Around 1928 the House of Israël and Prieur joined under the leadership of Mr. L. Salomon.