ca. 1912 Catterfelder baby doll mold 208, bisque domed head,
lightly painted hair, painted feathered brows, sleep eyes, painted upper
and lower eye lashes, open mouth with two upper teeth & movable tongue, five piece
composition jointed bent limb body (208 also came wigged or on a toddler
Trautmann Puppenfabrik (Doll Factory) was founded 1884 in Finsterbergen,
Thuringia, Germany. By 1900 they were making ball jointed dolls of
the finest quality, in 1904 they also offered mechanical pull string
moving dolls and speaking dolls with bellows.
Some bisque doll heads were made for Trautmann by
Simon & Halbig and as shown above
right, include their initials S & H C.T. 7 along with various size
In 1906 the Trautmann Doll Factory moved to Catterfelder, Germany near
Waltershausen and changed it's name to Catterfelder Puppenfabrik.
It's presumed JD Kestner now supplied
the bisque heads for Catterfelder who made small dolls, bisque socket head
ball jointed dolls in black or white, bisque shoulder head dolls with kid bodies and
accessories; stockings & shoes. By 1911 they also made celluloid
painted hair baby dolls with sleep eyes.
Catterfelder is probably best known for their bisque
head character baby dolls.
Shown at right is Catterfelder Puppenfabrik's trade mark symbol two
dolls with backs together inside a circle with initials CP.