The Hugo Wiegand
doll factory was founded in 1911 in Waltershausen, Germany. They
advertised Baby dolls with bent limbs or toddler dolls both with composition
jointed bodies with either molded painted hair or wigged in Black or White
In 1918 the trade
mark Edelkind (Nobel Child) was registered. By 1925 they were
making walking and talking dolls, Sweet Nell and Lieb Eldelkind
patents for dolls with moving arms and improvements to dolls eyes and lids in a
combination Baby and toddler doll.
1927 a patent was
registered for a doll with eyes that could move to all sides by means of a
registered the trade mark Sonny Boy for dolls.
Left doll description;
ca. 1911 Hugo Wiegand, bisque head doll, (missing wig), multi stroke
painted eyebrows, glass sleep eyes, top & bottom painted eyelashes, open closed
mouth (no teeth), a five piece jointed body. See below for