Kling bisque shoulder head doll mold
13" tall, composition jointed body, sleep eyes, painted upper and lower
eyelashes, painted feathered brows,
closed mouth and wigged.
Founded by Christian Friedrich Kling in Ohrdruf,
Thüringia, Germany as a porcelain factory, C. F. Kling & Company did not begin making
dolls until around 1870.
Early Kling dolls are only marked with a mold
number, after 1880 a bell symbol was added, some with the K for Kling
inside the symbol.
Some of the doll sculptors that worked for Kling were; Horn, Kienlenz,
Hugo Lieberman, Herman Schmidt and Paul Walter - who created the delightful
and intricate hair ornamentations, jewelry, lace etc, seen on China and
Parian doll heads.
It is believed that George Borgfeldt might have been a
silent partner with Kling as Kling bisque head Bye-Lo's dolls were distributed by
Borgfeldt in the USA.