Robert Carl Dolly Face doll, bisque socket head, sleep eyes, painted eyelashes,
open mouth with teeth, probably came on a ball jointed composition body, doll
The Robert Carl doll company of Köppelsdorf, Thüringia,
Germany made bisque, wax-cloth, cloth or celluloid head character, Mama or
baby dolls, some with voice boxes in the heads.
In 1913 Robert Carl purchased Mengersgereuth Porzellanfabrik
located near Sonneberg.
Mr. Carl also
purchased bisque head doll molds 370 and 390 from the nearby porcelain
factory of Armand Marseille and
from Edmund U. Steiner.
Robert Carl used the doll mark Germany RC inside a circle,
with a line above and below the initials, not to be confused with the
French company of Radiguet & Condonnier who made
fashion Lady dolls marked
Déposé R C in the 1880s.